231 Oak Park Blvd Suite 110
Oakville ON L6H 7S8
Part-time flexible 16-24 hours per week.
The OakMed Family Health Team (OFHT) provides collaborative, interdisciplinary, comprehensive primary health care to a population of patients in the Oakville area. The FHT is committed to compassionate, patient-centered care emphasizing illness prevention, chronic disease management, harm reduction and health promotion. This position requires excellent clinical skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and strong interpersonal skills to work with patients, interdisciplinary health care providers and physicians. The flexible hours of work will normally be during Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Some occasional evening work may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate dietician programming and partnership initiatives. Educational programming may include: group teaching, individual counselling, and other initiatives
- Develop nutrition care plans based upon comprehensive needs assessment.
- Develop and evaluate nutritional resources and counselling materials.
- Apply motivational strategies to facilitate behavior change related to nutrition, food choices, and eating behaviours to optimize health.
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential electronic medical record documentation.
- Participate in meetings and educational sessions with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the interest of efficient operations OakMed.
- Collection of data as required for statistical/ reporting purposes.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Current registration/membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Experience working in a primary care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives in clinical and health promotion settings
- Experience in applying evidence – informed best practices and clinical practice guidelines
- Experience working within a complex chronic disease framework (multiple comorbidities, polypharmacy)
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keen to take initiative when appropriate.
- Exercises good judgement.
- Ability to learn and work with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system. (Knowledge of TELUS PS Suite an asset).
OakMed FHT offers a competitive salary and benefit package as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Mr. Steven Sheldrick, Executive Director via email to email@example.com