300-123 Third Ave
Timmins ON P4N 1C6
Would you like to work in a busy and collaborative work environment? Do you enjoy working with the public and have a positive attitude dealing with people? Are you able to think on your feet and manage multiple situations simultaneously? Then we would like to speak with you!
The Timmins Academic Family Health Team (TAFHT) is supporting the Centre de santé du Grand Sudbury with the services provided at the Gogama Nursing Station. TAFHT has an immediate opening
Full Time, Permanent
Annual Salary $38,520- $42,519
As a key member of TAFHT, this position will be the first point of contact for patients at the Gogama Nursing Station and will be responsible for a variety of activities related to patient service and care and in accordance with TAFHT policies and procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for a friendly, highly motivated, patient experience oriented individual. This position is full time, working 37.50 hours/week. This position is located in Gogama, ON.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive first point of contact for all patients and visitors
- Direct patients and visitors in an efficient, professional and pleasant manner
- Answering phones, managing clerical functions and support services
- Check-in patients, accurately verifying patient demographics are correct, and update EMR as required
- Assist the Nurse Practitioner and AHP as needed
- Provide required forms to patients for completion
- Perform regular administrative duties, including preparing handout materials and packages
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate or diploma in Office Administration or Medical Secretary
- Experience in a similar position within a healthcare related environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service, communications and organizational skills
- Demonstrated overall professionalism in attitude, demeanor and personal appearance
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems (Practice Solutions preferred)
- Ability to maintain information in confidence
- Detail oriented and able to manage a fast-paced program
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent communication skills in French (spoken, written, reading and comprehension)
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Melanie Ciccone, Executive Director
by September 26, 2022 at 4:00pm
(or until filled)
TAFHT offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental and pension plan (HOOPP).
We thank all applicants for their interest in TAFHT, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TAFHT supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
TAFHT is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our office at 705-267-1993, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.