52 St. Lawrence St. E
Madoc ON K0K 2K0
Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist - 1 FTE
The Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist. (QIDSS) position will serve a partnership consisting of four (4) Family Health Teams (FHTs) Bancroft, Central Hastings, Lakeview and Prince Edward Family Health Teams located in southeastern Ontario.
To support this role, we are seeking a talented Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist to work collaboratively with these inter professional care teams over a large geographical area, including the advancement of the Ontario Health Team regional strategy
The QIDSS will support the collective efforts of the partnership in their quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities. This will include supporting teams in the development and implementation of both annual quality improvement plans (QIP) and data quality initiatives including HPEOHT activities, improving the flow and use of information, EMR data management, developing queries and analytical products to assist teams in their quality improvement goals. In addition, this individual will facilitate collaboration between the teams to allow sharing of strategies and opportunities to improve data collection and analysis and to expand quality initiative. The incumbent will be a valuable source of ideas and strategies with very strong facilitation skills and an aptitude for continuous quality improvement. The QIDSS requires the ability and flexibility to work independently on a range of tasks within specified time frames and deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a steering committee and stakeholders to build quality improvement and decision support capacity
- Lead the development of data standardization and data input protocols
- Undertake data analysis and report generation to allow for on-going performance measurement and monitoring
- Support boards and quality improvement committees in discharging quality improvement activities and responsibilities
- Work with other QIDSS on data harmonization and community-based needs assessments
- Act as a change agent and coach to inter-disciplinary teams on data management and performance measurement
- Support the convergence of digital health technology to enhance healthcare delivery and increase system efficacy
- Support boards and administrative leadership in meeting data related accountability requirement from the Ministry of Health
- Develop effective working relationships and manage work independently
- The above responsibilities are not considered all-inclusive and the QIDSS may be assigned other related duties in consultation with the Steering Committee and/or Ontario Health Team Collaborative.
- A university degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information
- Management) or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices
- Currency in applicable privacy and confidentiality policies and laws regarding the collection and use of health information is required.
- Understanding of primary care and multidisciplinary team –based approaches to health care delivery in the use of data for quality improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and importance of decision support in an organization
- Experience in developing a relational database, and entering and extracting data from a relational database
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners
- Excellent project management skills, handling a variety of concurrent assignments and ability to work independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills, proficiency in quantitative analysis and composition of written reports
- Ability to meet travel requirements
- “Option for hybrid work model – combination of remote work and on-site commitments based on organizational requirements and priorities.”
- Mileage compensation i.e.: Ability to meet travel requirements – employee will receive compensation for mileage as appropriate.
- Comprehensive benefit plan inclusive of H.O.O.P.P.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit your resume by August 22, 2022 to
Mary Stuart – Administrator
52 St. Lawrence St E
K0K 2K0 Fax – 1-613-473-0692 Email – email@example.com