60 Gillingham Dr. #200
Brampton ON L6X0Z9
Reporting to the Executive Director of Central Brampton FHT, the Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist is responsible for supporting multiple family health teams in their quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities. This will include supporting teams in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improving the flow and use of information, developing queries and analytical products that support boards and leaders in their quality improvement goals and teams engaged in clinical process change. The incumbent will also be expected to participate in broader data harmonization initiatives and champion the use of data and performance analytics within and across Ontario’s family health teams.
- Work with a steering committee and stakeholders to build decision support capacity
- Be a subject matter expert in data integrity and lead the analysis of data quality issues, using problem-solving methodologies to recommend corrective and preventative action
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams engaged in quality improvement helping to identify performance measurement information and data quality needs
- Design, test and deploy tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data from EMR to dashboards
- Identify gaps in data availability, and define and implement solutions to close the gaps
- Support the work of boards and quality improvement committees in the development and implementation of quality improvement plans for all partners.
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data to help teams ensure that clinical information management practices support best practice standards, such as Patient satisfaction surveys.
- Act as a change agent and coach to inter-disciplinary teams on data management and performance measurement, such as improving access and integration for patients
- Create effective working relationships with multiple teams and manage data quality, business process improvement, report development and other projects using effective project management practices
- Work with your peers across the province on standards development and data harmonization priorities
- Conduct analysis and develop reports and presentations using statistical reporting packages, and present this information to a variety of audiences
- Monitor and evaluate clinical information system functionality from a user and decision support perspective
- A university degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices
- Currency in applicable privacy and confidentiality policies and laws regarding the collection and use of health information is required.
- Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for quality improvement
- Strong applied knowledge of Oscar EMR systems and proficiency in programming languages and reporting writing tools (SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS or Crystal Reports <as applicable>) will be an asset.as will a demonstrated capacity to learn similar packages quickly
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and community of practice groups.
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills
- Strong report writing skills using tools such as NPR, Cognos, SQL, SAS, Access and Crystal Reports, Excel, PPT and outlook.
- Ability to work remotely with partners, including travel to support other sites.
- Experience with software such as Zoom, Skype and Team viewer
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments and to work independently
- Valid Ontario driver's license
How to Apply
Email to email@example.com