366 Main Street N
Brampton ON L6V 1P8
Queen Square Family Health Team provides interdisciplinary primary care to its local community through the delivery of high quality, patient-centred care that is timely and accessible. We offer a wide range of programs and services including diabetes management, senior’s wellness, palliative care support and mental health. Working alongside our physicians of Queen Square Doctors, who serve over 30,000 patients.
We are continuing to grow our team of mental health providers to meet the needs of our community. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Family Health Team, we are currently looking for an experienced Psychotherapist/Social Worker to support clients who have been diagnosed with a mild to moderate mental illness.
We are seeking a full-time therapist to work as part of the mental health team to offer psychotherapy to patients who have a mild to moderate diagnosed mental illness. You will support individuals with a range of complex problems for which CBT/DBT are demonstrated to be clinically effective. Clients will be referred by their primary health care providers. You will work to connect clients to services in the community or hospital as appropriate. You will also continue to build relationships with local providers to develop a network of mental health supports in the community.
This position is full-time, 35 hours per week, and may include evening and/or weekend hours. The schedule will be negotiable, and will be informed by patient needs.
As a clinical therapist in good standing with either the College of Registered Psychotherapists or the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, you will:
- Provide evidence based cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavior psychotherapies in individual and/or group settings
- Provide system navigation, resources and case management for clients as needed
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments of adults with known / suspected psychiatric disorders
- Form and establish a therapeutic relationship with clients and if needed, their families
- Liaise with community providers as needed to support implementation of the clinical plan
- Contribute to the case formulation and development of the team’s integrated plan of care
- Provide clinical interventions designed to promote community integration and symptom recovery
- Document clinical care activities in the patient’s electronic medical record
As a member of the Queen Square Family Health Team, and as part of the mental health team, you will:
- Work with community and hospital partners to strengthen the mental health program aligned with the goals and vision of the program
- Contribute to program planning, implementation and evaluation of the mental health program
- Identify and be involved in quality improvement activities, including the collection of data for measurement, reporting and evaluation
- Participate in team building and team meetings
- Support and contribute to a healthy work place that embraces lifelong learning, diversity, clinical teamwork, privacy, and adherence to professional standards of practice
- Prefer 5 years working experience in a hospital-based or community-based clinical team delivering cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavior individual and group therapy
- Registration and good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers of Ontario
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Psychotherapy or a related discipline
- Experience working as part of a multi/interdisciplinary team
- Comfortable with electronic documentation and use of technology in the workplace
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confidence to practice independently
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and clinical decision making
- See value and able to work effectively as a collaborative team member
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org