103-1221 Lakeshore Road
Burlington ON L7S 0A1
This is an exciting time in health care for Ontario with the announcement of Ontario Health Teams.
The Ontario government is building a connected health care system centred around patients, families and caregivers. These changes will strengthen local services, making it easier for patients to navigate the system and transition between providers.
Ontario Health Teams (OHT) are being introduced to provide a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients in their local communities. Under Ontario Health Teams, health care providers (including hospitals, doctors and home and community care providers) work as one coordinated team - no matter where they provide care.
The Burlington OHT is proud to be one of the first wave of OHTs. We have an opportunity to participate in building a new model of healthcare service provision within the Burlington community.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
TERM: Start Date ASAP until March 31, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Systems Collaboration, BOHT and the Executive Director of the Burlington Family Health Team (BFHT), we are looking for an experienced Project Manager, ideally with experience in health or social services sector. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of OHT projects from concept to completion. The Project Manager will work closely with the Burlington OHT Member organizations (12 Health and Social Service organizations, including 4 Primary Care Organizations), a Patient and Family Advisory Council (Community Wellness Council), the Burlington Community Physician Council and the various BOHT committees and working groups to ensure collaborative input and integrated outcomes as the projects may require. The Project Manager also works closely with the OHT Implementation Team, while also overseeing project teams consisting of various OHT member organization staff/physicians.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Embeds in all OHT related projects the shared vision, guiding principles and strategy of the Burlington OHT, including principles of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Guided by the OHT Building Blocks, supports the implementation of projects and work plan deliverables for the OHT.
- Initiate and plan assigned strategic projects including the development of scope, goals and objectives
- Develop project charters, work plans, project schedules, cost estimates and budgets as required
- Engage key stakeholders to ensure project activities are executed based on plans and standards, within the specific scope, budget and schedule
- Execute, track and monitor progress of the projects while distributing the appropriate project information to the appropriate committee structures of the OHT
- Identify improvement opportunities and escalate key issues/risks; propose and execute solutions as approved that achieve quality work and process improvements
- Problem solve to result in innovative and creative solutions
- Complete project close out reports/lessons learned
- Develop and present material for review and information using excellent written, verbal and graphical communications skills with the ability to communicate technical aspects effectively
- Working with the OHT Implementation Team, supports the measurement of OHT performance indicators to ensure regular measurement and monitoring of OHT initiatives.
- With the OHT Implementation Team, supports the implementation of data collection methods and analysis.
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in Medical Science, Business or Health Administration, Health Informatics, Industrial engineering, Business or related field. Masters degree an asset.
- Project Management Profession (PMP) designation preferred
- Project planning, management and implementation experience required
- Change Management experience required
- Experience with IT project management preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of quality improvement principles (e.g. Lean Methodology) as asset
- Quality certifications (LEAN/Six Sigma) an asset
- Excellent written, oral Communication skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Time Management, meeting timelines
- Ability to work as a team, professional and courteous manner
- Exercise good judgement, initiative, with ability to multi-task
- Experience in effective: Stakeholder Engagement; Relationship Management
- 5-8 years practical and related experience, preferably health or social services; non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of Ontario Health sector and the healthcare transformation to Ontario Health and Ontario Health Teams considered an asset
- Quadruple Aim Framework, QI and PM frameworks and tools
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Visio
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Burlington OHT appreciates your interest but only successful candidates will be contacted.