4715 Highway 101 East
South Porcupine ON P0N 1H0
The East End Family Health team is seeking a Primary Care Physician in a blended model inter-disciplinary health care team that provides care to individuals throughout their life cycle. The team provides a broad range of programs and services with room to expand. The East End Family Health Team clinic is a division of and located at the Northern College Timmins Campus, which is situated on a park like setting overlooking beautiful Porcupine Lake. The region is noted for its great outdoor activities year-round.
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College and the East End Family Health Team’s Primary Care Physicians include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employment status, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
You will work with a fully supportive, well-staffed and experienced interdisciplinary team who is dedicated to providing seamless support and care. Virtual tools will be used to help facilitate care in an innovative format that allows for flexibility. The amount of time or commitment is determined by your availability. This salary-based position offers income security with benefits and the opportunity to do research while providing primary care.
- Providing family oriented medical care in an inter-disciplinary team, on or off site;
- Interviewing/ history taking;
- Examining, assessing and treating patients;
- Maintaining accurate records;
- Referring to specialists, hospitals or other agencies as required;
- Advocating for patients with other medical workers, agencies or institutions; and
- Ensuring standards of patient care are maintained according to accepted medical standards and company policy.
- Medical license and current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons;
- Knowledge of the Health care system, social determinants of health and community resources;
- Demonstrated commitment to client-centered, community-based care;
- Experience working in community primary care settings;
- Experience using electronic medical records (PS Suites an asset);
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, research and evaluation;
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across inter-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds; and
- The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference/vulnerable sector check.
Your Compensation Package:
- Competitive salary with monthly supportive care payments;
- Billing, appointments, staffing and overhead cost are covered under the blended model;
- Generous paid vacation allotment for full-time employment status;
- Flexible schedule and work hours;
- Secure and sustainable defined benefit pension plan;
- Top tier group insurance benefits for full time employment status;
- Employee Assistance Program and wellness program;
- Free access to athletic facilities; and
- Relocation expense reimbursement.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a covering letter (quoting Competition #) and a current resume including your
credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer