Job Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Executive Director and FHO Lead Physician
Primary Function or Purpose of Job or Position
CVFHT is an Academic Family Health Team affiliated with Trillium Health Partners and the University of Toronto. It is an engaging inter-professional primary care team dedicated to continuous learning and excellence within primary care with a demonstrated track record of impactful quality improvement activities. It is a not for profit organization that receives funding from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and provides primary health care services to over 12,000 patients in Mississauga. The CVFHT also has a mandate to provide French language primary care services to the Francophone community.
The Office Manager is a member of the management team of the CVFHT and works in collaboration to oversee the daily clinic operations of the Credit Valley Family Health Team (CVFHT) to promote effective administrative supports and maximize patient flow.
Specific Duties or Responsibilities
The Office Manager is responsible to:
- Oversee the CVFHT clinic operations including any new initiatives.
- Support the hiring, and oversee the training, scheduling, coverage, and supervision, delegation of tasks and performance management of unit assistants, referrals clerks, and scanning staff and Clinic Assistants.
- Conducts regular performance appraisals of direct reports, providing ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller, Executive Director and Nursing Supervisor to ensure effective resource utilization, human resource deployment and cost control for areas of responsibility
- Work in a close consultation with the team to provide optimal patient care, resolve operational problems and develop operational policies and procedures as required
- Coordinates office scheduling and room assignments to maximise access, effective teaching supervision and minimise congestion
- Participate in regular meetings to support the organizations operations and support the strategic and planning activities of the organization
- Participate or delegate to appropriate support staff quality improvement activities especially with administrative processes and where EMR reports are required
- Ensure application of appropriate document retention policies and appropriate destruction including management of offsite storage with particular attention to privacy requirements
- Support placement of job related volunteers and students.
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee representing administration
- Support the marketing and promotion of CVFHT services/recruitment of new patients through advertising, providing content for the website, connecting with appropriate external stakeholders
- Act as the key contact for the LHIN home and community care;
- Engage in quality improvement activities to improve access efficiencies and customer service;
- Provide feedback and suggest possible solutions to the Executive Director on behalf of the administrative team regarding key work processes i.e. clinical team scheduling, follow up on test results, electronic/paper messaging;
- All Site A and Site B scheduling and template creation for Physicians, IHP’s, residents and clerks
- Coordination of IHP integration program and specialty clinics and schedules
- Advanced Access team lead-process development, tracking and scheduling
- PBSG contact-coordination and scheduling
- Calculate and track and supply reports on physician’s units for payroll
- Audits regarding errors and patient complaints, missed appointment charges
- Resident roster reports-tracking roster sizes and coordination and setting up new residents-transferring rosters, setting them up in Accuro
- Data management-create queries and collect data
- Blue Cross contact person(IFH and National Defense)-process forms and track payments
- Out of Province (process forms, track and process payments)
- Software and technical support-fixes minor issues, puts in requests to Accuro and CVH
- Coordinate external resources such as Neopost-maintenance and schedules
- Palliative contact person for processes and forms, Palliative Admin support
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as assigned i.e. scheduling meetings/luncheons, tasks and projects as assigned
- Optimization of physician access, optimization of physician RAs and physician roster management
- Act as a link between the FHT, FHO and OHIP
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- 5 years of relevant work experience with at least three years to people management experience
- Healthcare experience required
- Strong knowledge about Family Health Organization (FHO) structure and capitation based physician practice model
- Ability to effectively delegate task to ensure optimal team performance
- Strong problem solving and communication skills both oral and written.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point, Visio) with particular expertise in calendar management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and respond to changing needs with minimal supervision
- Ability to use an Electronic Medical Record – preferably QHR’s Accuro
- Ability to manage project, system or quality and process improvement in a primary care
- Medical office management – prior experience in medical reception
- Staff supervision, coaching, training, and motivation
- Joint Health and Safety Committee certification, competent supervisor training
- Health information privacy training
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting an effective, efficient patient flow process
- Superior communication, problem solving, tact and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated understanding of quality improvement systems as they relate to the various physician service roles and office practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, resolve conflict, collaborate effectively and think strategically
In addition, the incumbent will have a working knowledge of:
- Ontario Health Care System
- General office policies and procedures including, but not limited to, financial policies, Freedom of Information and Privacy, human resources and expense claims systems
- Diverse interests of multiple stakeholders
Supervised Directly: Unit Assistants, Clinical Assistants, Scanning Clerks, Referrals Clerks
Regular Principal Contacts
- Clinical Staff
- Administrative Staff
- Patients and family
CVFHT Provides competitive salary and benefit including pension plan (HOOPP), extended health plan, dental plan and many more.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise CVFHT during the recruitment process.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with cover letter via email at HR.CVFHT@thp.ca
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.