1005 Medical Centre Road
Sharbot Lake ON K0H2P0
Loyalist Family Health Team and Sharbot Lake Family Health Team are combining recruitment efforts to recruit one Occupational Therapist for a total of 0.8 FTE. The successful candidate will have two separate employment agreements: one (1) with Loyalist FHT and one (1) with Sharbot Lake FHT, working two days/week at each location.
Loyalist Family Health Team and Sharbot Lake Family Health Team are seeking a skilled, compassionate Occupational Therapist interested in working in a positive, innovative, team-based primary care setting. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Occupational Therapist’s role is to provide thorough care and support to patients and their families or caregivers, including cognitive assessments, physical evaluations, and assistance navigating community resources. This position requires travel and home visits, so the successful applicant will be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
Consider this position if you:
- are registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) and a member of a Professional Association/Society
- have at least two years related experience
- possess enthusiasm for working with patients across a broad spectrum of ages and challenges
- are passionate about working in an interdisciplinary model of care
- have demonstrated expertise in working with older persons including assessment and intervention of daily living activities, falls risk, cognitive function, and other occupational performance and mobility issues
- are comfortable identifying and addressing the needs of people at risk for functional decline
- would enjoy working with patients on life skills and during life transitions, including those who may have reluctance or mental health challenges
- have experience and interest in facilitating and leading exercise classes and other health promotion programs and groups, including maintenance of relevant clinical/programming equipment (weights, resistance bands, etc.)
- are creative and have realistic ideas about how to improve the lives of patients
- have the ability and desire to develop new skills and evolve with a continuous improvement focus
- would enjoy working in beautiful Amherstview, just minutes from the shores of Lake Ontario and a short distance to Kingston, and would enjoy working surrounded by the rugged beauty of Laurentian Shield country with thousands of lakes, yet still relatively close to major urban centers (Ottawa 1.5 hours, Toronto 3 hours, Montreal 3.5 hours)
- possess experience in team-based primary care settings
- enjoy participating in team collaboration including team meetings, joint visits, and consultation
- have proven maintenance of clinical skills via professional development
- ADP Authorizer an asset
- experience working with a Memory Clinic team (Loyalist FHT)
- experience facilitating healthy living groups, such as the Community Exercise & Lifestyle Program (Sharbot Lake FHT)
- Senior Fitness Instructor Certification (via the Canadian Activity Centre for Activity and Aging) or equivalent, such as CSEP
- Certification in administering the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA)
- thorough understanding of community resources and how to navigate local support networks
- experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
The FHTs offer a collegial, collaborative atmosphere with a commitment to employee and organizational development, along with a competitive salary.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and any questions to both firstname.lastname@example.org and Maggie.Black@kingstonhsc.ca (Sharbot Lake FHT). Application deadline is Tuesday, August 18, 2020. Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.