1385 North Routledge Park
London ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 16 sites within London/Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients.
The Occupational Therapist will play an integral role supporting patient care and the delivery of programs with a diverse focus. While assisting the FHT in achieving its vision and mission. This position will span across multiple TVFHT locations across and will be required to work on-site and provide home care when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts comprehensive and physical assessments using interview, standardized tests and/or guided observation skills to obtain relevant health information and to identify factors influencing occupational performance.
- In collaboration with patient, physicians and other IHP’s, develop appropriate client-centered treatment plans and provide individual and/or group interventions designed to maximum performance of ADL.
- Refer to and work in partnership with community agencies and providers to support care.
- Educate and assist patients to identify appropriate community resources, programs and government services.
- Establish effective relationships and maintain collaboration with interdisciplinary healthcare professionals.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with college standards.
- Participate in program and resource development in collaboration with Therapy team.
- Diverse case load across the life span including but not limited to diagnoses such as dementia, chronic disease, chronic pain, and repetitive musculoskeletal injuries of the upper extremity.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum of 5-years experience preferred, with experience across diverse fields of practice
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- ADP Authorized
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, time management, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based practice
- Knowledge of and ability to mobilize community resources
- Flexibility in adapting to varying caseload needs
- Experience in the use of EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and TEAMS
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required
Hourly Rate: $31.18 - $38.02
To Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: email@example.com no later than Thursday, May 13, at 4:00 PM. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
To be eligible to apply you must have a Social Insurance Number and in some cases a valid work permit.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be first given to any internal Thames Valley FHT candidates.
Thames Valley Family Health Team is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our Support Office. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.