Unit 101 2300 Eglinton Avenue West
Mississauga ON L5M 2V8
Credit Valley Family Health Team - Background
The Credit Valley Family Health Team (CVFHT) is an Academic Family Health Team affiliated with Trillium Health Partners and the University of Toronto. It is an engaging multi-disciplinary primary care team dedicated to continuous learning and excellence within primary care with a demonstrated track record of impactful quality improvement activities. The CVFHT also have a mandate to provide French language primary care services to the Francophone community.
The Inter-professional Care Team (IPCT) is a unique model of care where family physicians, social and community service providers work together with Inter-professional Healthcare Providers (IHPs) in an integrated manner to provide comprehensive healthcare. We deliver care to all patients in need, with a special focus on individuals with complex needs, marginalized, low income individuals, families and unattached residents in the community.
As an integral member of the Musculoskeletal (MSK) Program team, the OT collaborates closely with all affiliated physicians and interprofessional health care providers and delivers comprehensive assessment, consultation, education, individualized exercises, self-management support, referrals and system navigation for patients with MSK concerns and functionally driven goals while providing excellent service.
- Provide individualized assessment, clinical analysis and impression, health education, individualized exercises, and self-management support for a musculoskeletal caseload
- Collaborate with members of the interprofessional primary care team (family physicians, physiotherapist, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, dietitians, and social workers) to deliver comprehensive care and service coordination
- Refer clients to appropriate internal and/or external resources
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic medical records
- Actively participate in meetings as required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership with professional association is preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a health care setting with preferred experience in primary health care, community and/or hospital setting
- Experienced with musculoskeletal conditions (acute, chronic and pain management) required
- Strong clinical and case management skills related to establishing, setting, treating and monitoring patients’ functional goals and facilitating discharge planning
- Proficient at prescribing individualized exercise prescription and physical intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interprofessional health team
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues of a diverse community and experience working with at risk/vulnerable populations
- Proven efficient and effective patient care and ability to leverage existing resources
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgement and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Proficiency in the use of computers, EMR software applications, advanced knowledge of virtual communication platforms (e.g. Zoom, Accuro)
- A commitment to working from a community-based and health equity perspective
- Excellent communication, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Second language relevant to catchment area populations is an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume in one document to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVFHT is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CVFHT will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.