465 Grand Ave W
Chatham-Kent ON N7L 1C5
Part Time (28 Hrs/week)
CONTRACT with annual extension
The Thamesview Family Health Team (FHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management and health promotion and disease prevention to a rostered population of patients in the Chatham-Kent region. The FHT will utilize an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals who work in a collaborative model of care.
The Nurse Practitioner will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the Thamesview FHT. The role requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing within the scope of the RN (EC) class and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, other interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff. The role also requires a high level of interpersonal skills to deal with patients and their families in a holistic compassionate fashion.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Nursing and Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Proof of professional liability insurance required
- Basic CPR certification
- Current experience in chronic disease management preferred
- Knowledge and a demonstrated nursing ability in community health and public health sciences and chronic disease management
- Knowledge of patient-centred philosophy, change management, basic principles and practices of community service delivery, short-term treatment options and chronic disease management models
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Clinical nursing practices within the scope of RN (EC) class
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Computer skills
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evening and weekend work may be required)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Thamesview Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees in a workplace that is inclusive, supportive, and reflective of the diverse community we serve.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter by Tuesday, January 31, 2023 noting the position title in the subject line, to Denise Waddick, Executive Director, Thamesview Family Health Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.