6 - 1385 North Routledge Park
St. Thomas ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest family health teams in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive inter-collaborative primary health care to over 158,000 patients.
The Nurse Practitioner role will provide comprehensive primary care to patients in the community, ensuring continuity of care. The Nurse Practitioner should be comfortable working to their full scope of practice, providing care and services to patients independent of physician involvement, as well as assisting with physician-managed care.
Position 1 - will be 4 days a week in St. Thomas and 1 day a week in London.
Position 2 - will be 5 days a week in St. Thomas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess holistically and provide services to patients in all developmental stages
- Complete health assessments, including health history and physical examination
- Formulate and communicate medical diagnoses
- Determine the need for, and order from, an approved list of screening and diagnostic laboratory tests and interpret the results
- Monitor the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illness by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions
- Prescribe drugs according to scope of practice
- Provide health education and health promotion information to individuals and groups
- Consult with physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians, and/or refer the client to another health care professional
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably within a multidisciplinary family practice
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Current membership in RNAO and NPAO
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interprofessional team, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and required computer skills
HOURLY RATE: $48.4973 - $59.1431
TENTATIVE INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: email@example.com no later than Monday, February 24, 2020 at 4:00PM. Please specify which position.