101 Queensway West
Mississauga ON L5B 2P7
Summerville Family Health Team is seeking a fulltime Nurse Practitioner for an 18-month contract. The Nurse Practitioner is an integral part of our interdisciplinary team providing a range of primary care services to individuals of all ages, families and communities. The NP will be comfortable working to their full scope of practice as well as using their leadership skills to contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive health care to patients, in accordance with standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), and in collaboration with other team members in a patient-centered environment;
- Completes assessments, diagnoses and provides holistic care for patients of all ages;
- Manages a variety of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Plays a leadership role within the Family Health Team by coaching, guiding and mentoring other team members and/or leading the development and delivery of new or improved programs;
- Identifies and implements quality improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency and/or effectiveness of patient care;
- Maintains accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation pertaining to patient care and ensures ongoing communication with the care team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from a recognized Post-Secondary Institution;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a primary care setting;
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care;
- Liability Protection
- CPR Certification required;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS word, Excel and EMR (e.g. Accuro);
- Able to partner and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation skills.
Summerville Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. They are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While the Summerville FHT thanks all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities Act (AODA), Summerville Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview request.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com