1005 Medical Centre Road
Sharbot Lake ON K0H2P0
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is seeking a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work as part of an energetic and committed inter-professional team. This NP will work to their full scope alongside physicians, registered nurses, and other health care professionals to provide our patients with individualized, effective, timely and efficient care.
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals who provide primary health care services to residents in the communities of Central Frontenac as well as portions of North and South Frontenac. As a Nurse Practitioner with our Team, you will work both independently and in collaboration with team physicians and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose and treat health problems, with an emphasis on health promotion and chronic disease management. In this position, you will provide most of the well-woman care and childcare (including routine well baby/child assessments and routine childhood vaccinations as well as assessment and management of acute episodic childhood conditions). In keeping with our commitment to collaborative care, each member of the healthcare team plays an important part in providing effective, timely and efficient care.
The Nurse Practitioner is a valued member of our team, caring for patients of all ages to provide assessment, education and management of new life events, mental health and chronic disease as well as diagnose and treat episodic illness. Within the supportive structure of our team the NP functions with autonomy in keeping with Sharbot Lake’s policies, procedures, and values.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with CNO as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC),
- Evidence of liability insurance through CNPS or another reputable agency,
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine,
- Leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment,
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical record systems.
- Provide shared care for patients along with other members of the healthcare team,
- Conduct assessments using an age/sex specific list of recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment,
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review diagnostic tests,
- Employ critical thinking, evidence-based medicine, and best practice as frameworks for practice,
- Document observations, conversations, interventions, and collaboration relating to patient care in the patent record,
- Liaise with other team members to achieve preferable outcomes to the patient,
- Arrange for referrals (internal and external) as necessary,
- Record activities and participate in evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, to initiate positive changes in programs and care.
Information about the position:
- This is a full-time (1.0 FTE - 5 days per week), permanent position,
- Expected start date is immediate,
- The incumbent will be eligible for benefits,
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and is in keeping with the amount set by the Ministry of Health for Nurse Practitioners in Family Health Teams.
How to apply
The Sharbot Lake FHT invites interested candidates to learn more about Sharbot Lake Family Health Team by visiting our website, www.sharbotlakefht.ca
To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Maggie Black, Executive Director at Maggie.Black@kingstonhsc.ca adding ‘2020-NP-01’ in the subject line of the email. Selection of candidates will begin on August 6, 2020, so please have your application submitted by then. Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.