1385 North Routledge Park
London ON N6H 5N5
In response to COVID-19 Thames Valley Family Health Team, in partnership with many other community agencies, began to lead the work of the Oakridge COVID-19 assessment center (AC). The Oakridge AC has been in operation since late March 2020 and conducts COVID-19 assessment and nasopharyngeal swabbing based on ministry and public health guidelines. There will be no diagnosis, medication or treatment onsite. Oakridge COVID-19 AC is intended to screen +/- test for COVID-19, educate and provide further guidance, as well as to triage individuals and determine the next steps in their care.
The role of Nurse Practitioner, Provider & Assessor will work in collaboration with all team members working at the Oakridge AC to support both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients through the process of detailed assessment including nasopharyngeal swabbing. The Provider & Assessor will triage patients and determine the next steps in their care, provide education based on the patient’s questions/concerns, and when appropriate, can obtain a sample from a patient to test for COVID-19.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Current membership in RNAO and NPAO
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated clinical experience
- Must wear full Personal Protective Equipment daily
- Will need to dress for the weather as this role involves working outside as well as in an arena setting
- Duties will vary from COVID-19 assessment, nasopharyngeal swabbing to administrative work
- Proven flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required
- You must be available Tuesday to Friday and rotating shifts of either 08:30-16:30 or 9:30-17:30
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
While the Thames Valley FHT thanks all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Thames Valley Family Health Team is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our support office. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.