619 Prospect Blvd. Suite 3
Midland ON L4R 0G3
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (Midland, ON) is currently seeking a candidate for the following position;
Full Time, Permanent Salary: $103,822 - $121,750 Benefits: HOOPP and Health & Dental
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) provides education, supportive and clinical services to patients of all ages in a primary care setting. This position will provide clinical assessments, therapeutic support, individual/family/group counseling, health teaching, physician support, referral, and advocacy. System navigation, knowledge of community resources and working within a diverse population is required. The NSFHT strives to promote healthy living and prevention strategies by enhancing self-management and well-being practices. The NSFHT offers a dynamic and supportive working environment and is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner to provide services to our patients.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Completion of a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program: NP-PHC
- Minimum of 3-5 years NP experience, in a primary care setting preferred
- Clinical experience in care of seniors (preferred)
- Masters Degree in Nursing, considered an asset ▪ Member of RNAO and NPAO, considered an asset
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team including family physician specialists, and community care programs to address the acute care needs of community patients and assist in the management of stable chronic care illnesses (i.e. diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, asthma, COPD)
- Provide comprehensive assessments and proposed interventions for the diagnosed condition (medical and/or psychiatric) and development of care plans, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, for seniors referred to the program.
- Consult, as appropriate, and coordinate the development of a patient care plan for assessment, evaluation, and implementation as the patient presentation requires.
- Strong organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an ability for problem solving, decision making and effective communication skills.
- Experience in the use of and electronic medical record (Accuro preferred) and Microsoft Office.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Tammy Johnston, Executive Assistant at email@example.com
No later than Friday July 30th, by 4:00pm
For a full job description, visit our web site at www.nsfht.ca
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to following public health prevention infection and control guidelines, PPE provided. Staff work from home and in office pending COVID restrictions and organizational needs.
NSFHT recognizes that everyone is a unique and valued member of the community and will therefore be treated with fairness and openness. The NSFHT welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including those living with a disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.