Madawaska Valley FHT (Barry's Bay)
21 St. Francis Memorial Drive
Barry's Bay ON K0J 1B0
Skills and Qualifications:
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner - Primary Health Care (NP-PHC).
- Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current registration with the NPAO and evidence of liability insurance.
- Strong clinical skills
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine.
- Skilled in leadership, organization, evaluation, time management, verbal and written communication and critical thinking.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Electronic Medical Records
- Conduct skilled examinations appropriate to the age / sex / risk factors of each patient, including preventive interventions and immunizations as per current clinical guidelines.
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Provide patients with appropriate and understandable clinical advice, education and counselling, based on sound and up-to-date medical knowledge.
- Accurately document in the patient record all assessments, observations, conversations, interventions and clinical discussions relating to patient care.
- Collaborate and liaise positively with physicians, office staff and other team members to optimize outcomes to the patient.
- Communicate effectively with hospital and community staff (and other inter-professional team members as required), ensuring smooth transitions of patient care between sites.
- Arrange for referrals (internal and external) as necessary.
- Participate in case management discussion.
- Participate in Team activities and attend Team meetings.
- Participate in evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of practice, to contribute to positive changes in programs and care.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic government reports as required.
- Must be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours.
Term of Employment:
- This is a part-time position.
- Permanent with probationary period of 3 months.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- HOOPP participating employer.
How to Apply
To be considered, forward your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Susan Farrar, Executive Director via email at email@example.com.