300-123 Third Ave
Timmins ON P4N 1C6
The Timmins Academic Family Health Team (TAFHT) is supporting the Centre de santé du Grand Sudbury with the services provided at the Gogama Nursing Station. TAFHT has an immediate opening for a;
Nurse Practitioner (Bilingual)
Full Time, Permanent
Annual Salary $103,822 - $122,178
As a key member of the TAFHT, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) will deliver care in accordance with TAFHT policies, medical directives and professional practice standards, and according to regulations set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The NP will ensure that the primary care needs of patients under his/her care are met. This full-time position will allow the NP to work autonomously, with a strong focus on primary care. This position is full time, working 37.50 hours/week and will require travel to Gogama, during work hours, travel funding provided, otherwise care will be provided virtually from a TAFHT office.
- Provide primary care to patients
- Conduct periodic examinations and risk assessments that may include care of at-risk populations, wellness exams, pap tests, breast exams, pediatric care, and immunizations
- Monitor the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illness by providing effective pharmacological, complementary, or counseling interventions
- Maintain accurate, concise, and confidential EMR documentation pertaining to patient history and encounter data
- Recommend and arrange for specialist referrals and appointments
- Collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members and external partners
- Participate in a broad range of health promotion and chronic disease management processes, programs, and patient education (group and individual) in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members (as needed)
- Manage supply of medication samples and emergency medications
- Participate in ongoing quality monitoring and improvement
- Communicate ideas and concerns to the team and participate in problem-solving
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with a Registered Nurse Extended Class (RNEC)
- 3-5 years’ experience providing comprehensive primary care
- CPR certification, evidence of liability insurance and current driver’s license
- Excellent health assessment and clinical skills and analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion, risk reduction and chronic disease management
- Leadership, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a highly active constantly changing work environment
- Proficiency in the use of computers and information technology is required including the use of electronic medical records (EMR), Practice Solutions preferred
- Excellent communication skills in French (spoken, written, reading and comprehension)
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Melanie Ciccone, Executive Director
by September 26, 2022 at 4:00pm
(or until filled)
TAFHT offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental and pension plan (HOOPP).
We thank all applicants for their interest in TAFHT, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TAFHT supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
TAFHT is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our office at 705-267-1993, or by email at email@example.com noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.