370 Bayview Drive, 3rd Floor
Barrie ON L4N 7L3
The BCFHT has a position for a Nurse Practitioner to work within our family practice offices. We are looking for an NP to join an experienced group of NPs who are working throughout our community within family physician offices. NPs on our team work collaboratively with a variety of other health care practitioners including Registered Dietitians, RNs, Pharmacists, Diabetes and Respiratory Educators, and Mental Health Counsellors. As part of the interdisciplinary team, the NP works collaboratively with patients and families to improve health and quality of life enhance independence and function and facilitate long term planning.
- Provide primary health care to patients in accordance with standards set by governing body, and that is aligned with the overall strategic direction of the family health team
- Provide health promotion, disease prevention, acute episodic care, chronic disease management, and palliative care to patients
- Enhance access to assessment, diagnosis and treatment within the community and/or target population
- Consult as appropriate, with members of the interdisciplinary team, family physician, acute care, after hours medical clinics, community care system, and specialist physicians to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate a patient's plan of care and treatment
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Completion of a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program: NP-PHC
- Masters Degree in Nursing, considered an asset
- Member of RNAO and NPAO, considered an asset
- Completion of an accredited controlled substance course according to CNO standards
- Independent health care assessment and patient management skills
- Experience working with inter-professional teams
- Demonstrated communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Experience with electronic medical records (Accuro an asset) and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must adhere to all BCFHT Policies and Procedures
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel within the community
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume by October 15th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our team please visit our website at www.barriefht.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest in BCFHT, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our HR Coordinator by phone at 705-721-0370 x 2121, by fax at 705-725-4708 or by email at email@example.com noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.