231 Oak Park Blvd, Suite 110
Oakville ON L6H 7S8
The OakMed Family Health Team is seeking a Social Worker who wants to be part of their innovative, community-based primary care team. The OakMed Family Health Team (FHT) is a small, focused inter-disciplinary team of physicians, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Dietician and Social Workers. They provide comprehensive, collaborative primary care to the community of north east Oakville, which is one of the fastest growing urban neighbourhoods in Canada. With a patient population of more than 12,000 there are plenty of opportunities and challenges for the right person.
Working as a Social Worker on their multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Provide therapy to a wide range of patients with mild to severe mental health issues through individual and group counselling.
- Plan, conduct and participate in health care programs for specific patient populations and needs.
- Provide system navigation expertise to assist their mental health patients finding access to the appropriate community care.
- Be a resource to family doctors, other allied health professionals, medical residents and other staff.
- Be accountable for your work and contribution within a very flexible working environment.
Your profile will include:
- A master’s degree in Social Work
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and/or the Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Expertise in working with mental health diagnoses such as mood, and personality disorders, concurrent disorders and anxiety disorders
- Experience with delivering specific therapeutic approaches such as cognitive behaviour therapy, substance abuse treatment, brief solution focus approach, etc.
- Experience in assessment and counselling in a primary care setting
- Experience in program development, facilitation and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interest or experience in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to provide both virtual and in-person patient visits
- Proficiency with TELUS PSS EMR system an asset
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Oakmed FHT offers a competitive salary as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and flexible working hours. An excellent Health Care plan is provided along with HOOPP pension.
Oakmed FHT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and family, marital or veteran status. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. They wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.