1 Elizabeth Street, Suite L-1
Orangeville ON L9W 7N7
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a Mental Health Therapist (15 Month Contract – Full-Time - 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges for improved health and well-being. This position will be primarily located at their Caledon site.
The Mental Health Therapist (MHT) is a vital part of DAFHT and will collaborate with the physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. The MHT will help the FHT to meet its strategic objectives by improving patient access to care, providing quality mental health services to patients, and promoting shared care and education within the FHT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide mental health services onsite and virtually, both individually and group sessions, to individuals with mild to moderately severe mental health illness
- Conduct assessments using a variety of assessment tools related to mental health, emotional and/or behavioural issues
- Determine provisional diagnoses and appropriate treatment plans
- Provide individual counseling (and couple/family counseling occasionally, when required for the best support of a patient) to youth and adult patients (age 16 and older) in a timely manner
- Provide education, information and group sessions on specific issues to support increased knowledge and skills in learning how to more effectively manage particular health issues
- Participate in case conferences within Dufferin Area FHT own setting and in community, as needed, to ensure a streamlined referral and treatment process
- Participate in interdisciplinary team development and continuing education, as appropriate to the purposes of the program
- Refer patients to appropriate community resources including using EAP and private insurance providers whenever possible
- Work effectively with physicians, psychiatrists and other team members in a shared care model.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology, with recognized training and experience in individual, family and group counseling
- Membership in good standing with a regulated health college, such as the Ontario College of Social Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists and Registered Mental Health Therapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing, evidence-based therapy approaches to supporting individuals with various mental health concerns
- Demonstrated knowledge of suicidal risk assessment, crisis management and verbal diffusion techniques
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Excellent oral/written skills
- Strong clinical skills
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated skills in the performance of a therapeutic role including strong assessment, counseling, case management and advocacy skills
- Knowledge and expertise in the development and facilitation of therapy groups or psycho-education workshops
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively, and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Willingness to teach and train other members of the interdisciplinary team or students, as required.
Come join their team - as together we aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to email@example.com.