Parry Sound Family Health Team
Mental Health Therapist
60 Bowes Street
Parry Sound ON P2A 2L3
- Masters or Bachelor in Social Work from an accredited university, recognized by the Ontario Association of Social Work
- Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum of three (3) years of related working experience in mental health and health care
- Experience in the delivery of mental health care in primary care and/or collaborative care settings
- Clinical knowledge and skill in providing individual, couple and group psychotherapy using a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities (CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, EFCT, Motivational Interviewing)
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act, Healthcare Consent Act, and Substitute Decisions Act.
- Familiarity with common psychiatric disorders and general understanding of medications and treatment in primary care
- Demonstrable knowledge of community-based resources impacting psychosocial determinants of health and population health concepts including financial, housing, social, and recreational resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Provides assessment and ongoing treatment including management of biopsychosocial aspects of health and well-being for identified patients
- Provide case management services to assist patients in accessing appropriate community resources and social supports impacting patient health and functioning (e.g., financial, housing, legal, community care, recreational/social)
- Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs to meet the needs of the PSFHT patient population
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
A cover letter together with a current resume will be accepted by the Parry Sound Family Health Team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org