123 James Street North
Hamilton ON L8R 2K8
Working in the fast-paced offices of family physicians, collaboratively with other health professionals, to provide comprehensive primary health care, the counsellor delivers a wide range of mental health services to patients and their families.
The primary goals of this position are to build the capacity of family physicians' teams to identify and treat mental health concerns as part of comprehensive primary health care. The counsellor will work collaboratively, providing team training and consultation, as well as assessment and treatment to adults, children, youth and their families.
- An advanced level of knowledge and experience working with children, youth and families in the area of mental health, acquired through a minimum of 4 years’ supervised clinical practice in this area
- Extensive mental health clinical training, generally acquired through the completion of post graduate studies (MSW,RN,BScN,CPMHN(C) or equivalent) and membership in good standing with a professional college
- Experience in individual child youth and family assessment and treatment, as well as group modalities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and experience in staff development/training
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Knowledge of current mental health and privacy legislation
- Experience providing consultation in the area of child and youth mental health
- Experience with brief, family stabilization models an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants please submit résumé and cover letter to the attention of the Mental Health Program via Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.