619 Prospect Blvd. Suite 3
Midland ON L4R 0G3
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (Midland, ON) is currently seeking a candidate for the following position;
Mental Health - Child/Youth Counsellor - REPOST
Maternity Leave - Full Time - Up to 13 Months
Salary: $62,800 - $74,148 annually
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) provides education, supportive and clinical services to children and adults with chronic illness in a primary care setting. This position will provide clinical assessments, therapeutic support, individual/family/group counseling, health teaching, physician support, referral, and advocacy. System navigation, knowledge of community resources and working within a diverse population is required. The NSFHT strives to promote healthy living and prevention strategies by enhancing self-management and well-being practices. The NSFHT offers a dynamic and supportive working environment and is currently seeking a full time temporary Mental Health – Child/Youth Counsellor to provide services to our patients.
- Registered and in good standing with OCSWSSW and/or CRPO.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ child/youth work experience in a primary care setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree accepted; Masters preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of social work in primary care settings.
- Knowledge of relevant health care legislation and community mental health resources.
- Strong organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within an inter-disciplinary health team approach for service delivery.
- Demonstrate an ability for problem solving and decision making.
- Experience in the use of and electronic medical record (EMR) and Microsoft Office.
- All staff are required to following public health prevention infection and control guidelines, PPE provided.
NSFHT recognizes that everyone is a unique and valued member of the community and will therefore be treated with fairness and openness. The NSFHT welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including those living with a disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.