619 Prospect Blvd.
Midland ON L4R 0G3
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (Midland, ON) is currently seeking a candidate for the following position;
Mental Health - Child/Youth Counsellor
Maternity Leave - Full Time - Up to 18 Months
Salary: $62,800 - $74,148 annually
The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) provides education, supportive and clinical services to children and adults with chronic illness in a primary care setting. This position will provide clinical assessments, therapeutic support, individual/family/group counseling, health teaching, physician support, referral, and advocacy. System navigation, knowledge of community resources and working within a diverse population is required. The NSFHT strives to promote healthy living and prevention strategies by enhancing self-management and well-being practices. The NSFHT offers a dynamic and supportive working environment and is currently seeking a full time temporary Mental Health – Child/Youth Counsellor to provide services to our patients.
- Registered and in good standing with OCSWSSW and/or CRPO.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ child/youth work experience in a primary care setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree accepted; Masters preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of social work in primary care settings.
- Knowledge of relevant health care legislation and community mental health resources.
- Strong organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within an inter-disciplinary health team approach for service delivery.
- Demonstrate an ability for problem solving and decision making.
- Experience in the use of and electronic medical record (EMR) and Microsoft Office.
For a full job description, visit their web site at www.nsfht.ca
All staff are required to following public health prevention infection and control guidelines, PPE provided. Staff work from home and in office pending COVID restrictions and organizational needs.
NSFHT recognizes that everyone is a unique and valued member of the community and will therefore be treated with fairness and openness. The NSFHT welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including those living with a disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Tammy Johnston, Executive Assistant (click here for e-mail) no later than Friday August 20, 2021, by 4:00pm