379 Church Street Suite 202
Markham ON L6B 0T1
Medical Receptionist - 1 permanent and 1 contract until March 1, 2023
Would you like to work in a busy and collaborative work environment? Are you an organized person that can multi-task? Do you enjoy working with the public and have a positive attitude dealing with people? Are you able to think on your feet and manage multiple situations simultaneously?
Then we would like to speak with you!
The Health for All Family Health Team has two immediate openings for a Medical Receptionist in a very busy Family Health Unit.
You will be responsible for smooth operation of the front desk and the patient service experience of the Family Health Team/Family Health Organization.
This will include welcoming staff and visitors to the unit, answering telephones, managing clerical functions and support services in order to allow the Health Team to focus on providing quality care to all patients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Register new patients
- Answer multi-line telephone system, book appointments, distribute messages
- Notify patients of appointments, recalls referrals and diagnostic tests as required and necessary
- Address patient inquiries on the phone and in person
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Other Position Requirements
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a Medical Secretarial Program and or related office administration course preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, good judgment skills, articulate, diplomatic, team player
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities while managing a high volume of phone calls and daily transactions
- Previous related clerical experience in a physician practice or hospital setting preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient at Microsoft Office & TELUS Practice Solutions EMR
- Ability to communicate in a language shared by our patients and evident in the community (example: Mandarin, Cantonese).
Please send your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Medical Receptionist”. Phone calls will not be accepted. If you require accommodations throughout the hiring process, please send an e-mail.