150 Huston Street
Burk's Falls ON ON P0A 1C0
The Burk’s Falls Family Health Team (BFFHT) is comprised of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioner, Social Worker, Health Promoter and an administrative team. Our team is focused on improving access to comprehensive, patient-centered, and team-based primary health care. The BFFHT is currently searching for a:
Medical Receptionist (full-time)
As part of our reception team you will be jointly responsible for smooth operation of a busy front desk and a positive patient service experience. This will include welcoming patients and visitors to the clinic, answering telephones, managing a variety clerical functions all while supporting our health care providers. You play a key role in connecting our patients to the care that they need in a timely manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Register new patients
- Answer multi-line telephone system, book appointments, distribute messages
- Coordinate online booking system
- Process OHIP, WSIB and 3rd party billings
- Notify patients of appointments, recalls referrals and diagnostic tests as required
- Address patient inquiries on the phone and in person
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Previous reception or related administrative experience in the health field
- Graduate of a medical administration program or related office administration course
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities while managing a high volume of phone calls and daily transactions
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of and experience with EMR systems
- Basic proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate in French or ASL an asset
Additional Job Requirements
- Must adhere to all BFFHT Policies and Procedures
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Criminal records check is required
The Burk’s Falls Family Health Team provides a competitive compensation package including benefits and HOOPP pension plan.
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Tuesday July 27, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Burk’s Falls Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with a disability.
If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact us at 705-382-4018 x 200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting "Accessibility Inquiry" in the subject line.