1385 North Routledge Park
London ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest family health teams in Ontario. With more than 120 physicians across 16 sites within London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive inter-collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients. Over the past five years, our affiliated physicians have taken on more than 31,000 Ontarians who did not previously have a family doctor.
This Medical Office Assistant is a new role is focused on working with on-site lead physician and TVFHT’s Operations Department to offer administrative and patient support in a primary care setting. This role will require evening hours, with vacation aligning with lead physicians schedule, and following TVFHT Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities:
- Administrative experience preferably in a healthcare setting preferred
- Experience with Outlook and Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Post-Secondary school diploma or education in medical office or business administration
- An understanding of the Ministry of Health & Family Health Team philosophy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to coordinate and communicate information and documentation for various meetings and events, as well as minute-taking skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and prioritize work, while maintaining confidentiality and integrity
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to research and compile relevant information for inclusion in reports
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to anticipate and respond to the administrative needs of leadership and the healthcare team.
- Exercise reasonable care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information related to patients and personnel with understanding of PHIPA
- Responsible for opening and/or closing procedures of the clinic
- Participate in the patient referral process as required
- Process payments for non OHIP services.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
To be eligible to apply you must have a Social Insurance Number and in some cases a valid work permit.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be first given to any internal Thames Valley FHT candidates.
Thames Valley Family Health Team is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our Support Office. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.