300 Silver Star Blvd
Scarborough ON M1V 0G2
Carefirst Family Health Team is a non-profit, primary healthcare clinic located in Richmond Hill and Scarborough. They offer medical services and healthcare programs to a diverse community in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Carefirst FHT is currently seeking a Medical Clinic Manager to join their Family Health Team.
- Provide leadership to the service team members, and maintain office administrative operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee patient registration, check-in and check-out processes to assure patient information is collected in an accurate manner, and that patients and their families experience a high quality and responsive healthcare service
- Oversee the set up and implementation of the patient medical record system to ensure filling is completed on a daily basis and patient charts are appropriately maintained
- Recruit, hire, and coordinate the training for new clinical and front-desk administrative staff, students, volunteers for both Scarborough and Richmond Hill offices
- Provide human resources support in the areas of recruitment, training, performance management, payroll, health and safety, etc.
- Plan and manage the clinic’s budget, billing system, and petty cash
- Assist the Administrative Lead with projects, quality assurance and improvement initiatives, and team coordination
- Provide administrative support to a team of physicians
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in healthcare administration, human resources management, or business administration
- 5 years of related experience in a health care setting preferred
- High degree of judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of current best practices on office procedures, Employment Standards Act, and Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Efficient, courteous and professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, EMR (Telus Practice Solutions), and OHIP billing system
- Proficiency in English, ability to speak a second language commonly used by their clients such as Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset
- Current police vulnerable sector check completed within one year