370 Bayview Drive
Barrie ON L4N 7L3
- Work in partnership with other members of the Prenatal Well Baby healthcare team to provide education and support to expecting and new mothers pertaining to breastfeeding
- Provide lactation education and support to patients using methods that take into account a variety of learning styles and a diverse patient population
- Ensure education and resources being provided to patients are current and evidence-based
- Facilitate group or individual support sessions to PNWB patients as needed
- Enter and retrieve patient health information into an electronic medical records system
- Support physician in TTR procedures
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with Lactation Consultant Certification (IBCLC)
- 3 years or more of experience in a related position
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience working with and educating expecting and new mothers
- Experience using an EMR or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical skills and knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication, facilitation and organizational skills
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must adhere to all BCFHT Policies and Procedures
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel within the community
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is October 30, 2020. For more information on our team please visit our website at www.barriefht.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest in BCFHT, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our HR Coordinator by phone at 705-721-0370 x 2121, by fax at 705-725-4708 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.