1 Elizabeth Street, Suite L-1
Orangeville ON L9W 7N7
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The IT Support/EMR Manager is responsible for supporting the Dufferin Area Family Health Team (DAFHT) in management of the electronic medical record system, liaising with our service provider and IT specialist, responding to IT issues in our various sites, and system outages. This position is accountable directly to the Executive Director and is a full-time position.
- Enthusiastic about managing and troubleshooting IT issues (Examples include VPN access, set up of new computers, printers offline etc.).
- Able to troubleshoot internet and network connectivity issues
- Able to address EMR problems on site, as needed and be a first responder for system outages
Do you possess the following….
- Ability to monitor and evaluate EMR functionality from a user and decision support perspective.
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops, and conferences
- Strong working knowledge of MAC computers and networks
- Ability to be the “Point person” for the organization in dealing with EMR issues as they arise. This role requires liaising with Telus, and off-site IT specialist
- Ability to Lead and participate in the IT committee, as well as meet with various physician groups and allied health professionals on a quarterly basis
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications…
- A University degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences, or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with Telus PS EMR
- Working knowledge of MAC computers
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Power point, Word, and Excel
- Minimum 3 years experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral/written skills
- Superior leadership, research, evaluation, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a large team
- Ability to plan and organize own workload to maximize the efficiency of the office
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment. Some after-hours work may occasionally be required
- Flexibility to take on other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Access to a reliable vehicle for movement between locations
Why join our team?
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Employer-paid Extended Health Care Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and Critical Illness Insurance
- Continuing Education and Professional Dollars
- Paid time to attend continuing education conferences, workshops, etc.
- Flexible working hours
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Lianne Barbour at email@example.com by January 31st, 2022