1 Elizabeth Street
Orangeville ON L9W 7N7
Family Health Teams (FHT’s) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together physicians and other health-care professionals to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to doctors and nurses, and keep Ontarians healthy.
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for two full-time Housing Support Workers (Social Workers) (2-year contract, 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to the health and well being of individuals and families in Dufferin-Caledon. Come join their team - as together they aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
Are you …
- Enthusiastic about supporting individuals and families experiencing homelessness or insecure housing for improved access to stable housing?
- Hopeful and committed to encouraging the strengths, skills and abilities of others?
- Energetic, persistent, and respectful with demonstrated ability to effectively and actively engage others?
- Experienced in advocating for and collaborating with individuals struggling with complex needs, including mental health concerns, disability, illness, trauma or addiction?
- Flexible, dedicated, and committed to working in partnership with other community providers?
- Knowledgeable of ‘Landlord and Tenant’ legislation, and have working understanding of social services, housing, and the legal system in Dufferin?
- Skillful in conducting risk assessments and co-developing safety plans?
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity?
They are looking for someone with …
- A Bachelor of Social Work with at least three years experience in providing case management, advocacy and/or social services. An applicant with a Social Services Diploma, complemented by at least six years experience, may also be considered.
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Demonstrated case management experience in supporting individuals with housing, financial, mental health, substance abuse, disability, or complex needs.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, utilize sound judgment, and collaborate well with others.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR and Non-violent Crisis Intervention.
- An up to date Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- An Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume to Lianne Barbour at email@example.com by April 6, 2020