44 Francis Street South
Kitchener ON N2G 2A2
Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre (KDCHC) is currently recruiting family physicians to join our interdisciplinary primary care team at our 44 Francis Street South site. In this practice-setting you will play a key role in the provision of services to persons who experience barriers to health care access and health inequities.
Working collaboratively with clients and the community, our services address the social determinants of health and include medical care, health promotion, illness prevention and community capacity building. Our Primary Care team is comprised of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Practical Nurses, Pharmacists, a Dietitian, a Chiropodist, a Service Navigator, a Counsellor, a Respiratory Therapist and Medical Secretaries. The team also collaborates with and is supported by the KDCHC Health and Wellness team and a wide range of health, mental health, and community partners.
In this role you will see a wide range of clients for both pre-scheduled and same-day appointments, including those that may not be specifically rostered to you. You will actively support the work of our Nurse Practitioners by providing consultation services related to client issues that are beyond an NP’s scope of practice. You may also have opportunities to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of broader programs for clients, families and the community.
Administrative duties include the normal functions related to charting, reviewing labs, prescription renewals, etc. Physicians and NPs support each other by reviewing labs and reports when a colleague is away. In addition to providing primary care, physicians attend staff and team meetings, participate in organizational and clinical specific training and professional development, and as assigned, participate in organizational development activities such as strategic planning, policy development and quality improvement.
Work hours are primarily daytime but may include some evenings. Client services may be provided remotely up to one day per week.
The permanent position is salary-based, with no administrative expenses or OHIP billing. Salaries are set according to currently negotiated OMA-Ministry of Health rates and based on experience.
Benefits for Permanent Position:
- 5 weeks paid vacation leave
- Paid public holidays and sick leave
- Defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP
- Extended health and dental insurance
- Life, accidental death, and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- The locum position is paid $167/hour with some benefits depending upon FTE.
- Medical degree from a recognized university
- CFPC Certification or equivalent practical experience
- General license to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Membership in the Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Demonstrated experience with vulnerable, complex populations
- Demonstrated experience working in an inter-disciplinary teamwork environment
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with culturally and economically diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and software programs including Microsoft Office, email and internet. Experience with electronic medical records systems
- Other Assets: Second language; Experience with PS Suites EMR
KDCHC requires that all staff are double vaccinated and maintain vaccination for Covid 19 status ongoing as boosters become available. Official proof of double vaccination against Covid 19 is a mandatory requirement
KDCHC values the diversity of its staff and welcomes applications from people of all races, ethnicity, religions, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and those with disabilities.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact noted above so that suitable arrangements can be made.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of this recruitment process.
How to Apply
We welcome inquiries and applications from both experienced physicians and new graduates.
To explore these opportunities and facilitate a discussion, please send your CV and a letter describing your experience and interests to:
Director of Primary Care
44 Francis Street South
Kitchener Ontario N2G 2A2
Phone: 519 745 4404 ext. 242
Applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled.