175 Alma Street
Erin ON N0B 1T0
Excellent opportunity to work in an established, small-town, rural practice, within just over an hour’s commute from Toronto, under an hour from Mississauga, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Brampton, and 15 minutes from Guelph.
The East Wellington FHT is looking for a full-time Family Physician to provide care for a 1300 - 1475 patient roster within their Rockwood clinic.
They are a Blended Salary Model Family Health Team, and a core member of the Guelph and Area Ontario Health Team, using TELUS PS Suite EMR. They have an excellent team of nurses, dedicated administrative staff, and a skilled allied health team consisting of mental health workers, a registered dietitian, and an in-house diabetes team. Staff have been provisioned to work remotely when advisable and physicians are digitally enabled with the TELUS Virtual Visits platform.
Their team has integrated community addiction and outreach workers embedded in our clinics. They offer a full range of family practice services to our 12,500 patients, at all stages along the life continuum.
Come discover the charm of Rockwood, part of the Guelph-Eramosa Township, population just under 13,000, yet close to all of the conveniences that can be found within the nearby City of Guelph. Their staff team of 50 is known for its warm, friendly, and welcoming workplace culture. They have 3 other high caliber family physicians working at our Rockwood site and another 6 equally exceptional doctors at our sister site in Erin.
The East Wellington FHT wants to hear from you if you:
- Are licensed, in good standing, with the CPSO
- Interested in a long-term position and share our approach of supportive, patient-focused, multi-disciplinary health care services
- Incorporate quality improvement in your practice style with an emphasis on health promotion and chronic disease management
- Work effectively and collaboratively with nurses, mental health providers, support staff, dietitians, outreach staff, and fellow physicians
- Are able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are willing to provide a recent Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), permanent position that comes with benefits, paid vacation and conference time, and employer-paid RRSP contributions. Expected start date is June 2021