143 Metcalfe St.
Fergus ON N1M 2W3
The Upper Grand Family Health Team (UGFHT) is a team of family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, and other health professionals working together to provide health care in the communities of Elora, Fergus, Arthur, and surrounding areas.
Family Health Teams ensure that people receive the care they need in their communities, as each team is set-up based on local health and community needs. UGFHT provides service to over 30,000 community members, and is committed to caring for their patients through collaborative teamwork, health promotion and prevention, system navigation, mental health and chronic disease self-management programs, and supporting day-to-day primary care needs. UGFHT values community partnerships, and works hand-in-hand with other organizations to ensure access to excellent care for all. The UGFHT is located in a beautiful area that offers a fantastic lifestyle outside of work. These growing communities are known for hiking, great food, arts and crafts, culture, and more! To read more about our communities visit the Elora and Fergus tourism website.
The Board is seeking to recruit an Executive Director to provide management and leadership to the UGFHT. The ideal candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker that also has strong operational skills, to both guide the organization and ensure that day-to-day management of human resources, accounting, finance, risk management, quality, and governance are attended to.
- A change agent, who is successfully able to support a growing organization.
- A collaborative leader that develops strong internal partnerships with the family physicians we work with and approaches internal and external stakeholders with a goal of hearing all voices and strengthening relationships and culture while accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Results-oriented with the ability to firmly and fairly set expectations, negotiate, and hold self and others accountable with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A track record in leading and managing teams with an understanding that people are our greatest resource, and that a culture of empowerment is critical to success.
- Skilled and experienced in establishing productive relationships with the board, and presenting complex data in a succinct and effective manner.
- Experienced, and able to navigate the health sector in Ontario, and familiar with the day-to-day government and organizational interactions.
The Executive Director is responsible for the management of all human, physical, and financial resources of the organization. Development and maintenance of a high-functioning, results-driven internal team that prioritizes high-quality, person centered care with an understanding and consideration of compliance to legislation and funder’s expectations is top of mind. The Executive Director has a keen understanding of, and attention to the inner workings of the UGFHT while forwarding strategic directions and engaging in broader community work such as the Ontario Health Team. The UGFHT community is a desirable location that is experiencing growth, and the Executive Director has the exciting opportunity to participate in the development of the community, where healthcare is currently one of the top five employers of the region.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is expected to maintain strong lines of communication with appropriate reporting, and to advise (and take advice and direction) on all matters of policy, quality and program monitoring, and organizational guidelines on issues of human resources and finance. Working in partnership with the Medical Director and Board of Directors the Executive Director will set a strong organizational culture internally and execute the strategic plan and build relationships in the community. The Executive Director will embody the values of the organization and empower all staff and participating physicians to do the same.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, healthcare management, non-profit leadership or a related field of study
- At least 5 years relevant management experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated experience in senior management, board relationships, and community and/or primary care leadership
- Demonstrated skills necessary for management and leadership of a multi-site organization with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated sound judgement and problem solving ability with excellent communication skills and collaborative approach
- Knowledge of legislative requirements including health and safety, employment legislation, and privacy
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License and access to a vehicle
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to this e-mail (click here) by 30, April 2021 to be considered for this exciting leadership opportunity. UGFHT thanks all applicants for their interest.