122 Cornell Park Ave
Markham ON L6B 1B6
The Markham Family Health Team (MFHT) is seeking an innovative and energetic Executive Director with demonstrated leadership skills to administer the daily operations and implement the strategic vision of the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a collaborative, interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and administrative staff in providing excellent primary health care services to our roster of 27,000 patients as well as the broader community. This is a full-time leadership position, requiring excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, expertise in human resources, financial management, risk management, strategic and program planning and program delivery. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director supports clinical programs through actively developing team-based, patient-centered practices that meet professional and best-practice standards of care.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Markham Family Health Team Board of Directors in setting the future direction of the organization through the upcoming cycle of strategic planning. The successful candidate will have a clear vision on how to articulate the strategic plan into key deliverables. The incumbent will be experienced in program development, measurement, and quality improvement methodologies. They will work in alignment with our organizational values with high integrity and have excellent communication skills with employees, stakeholders and community members.
- To provide effective strategic leadership, guidance and management to the MFHT staff
- Collaborate with the Physician Group in establishing a culture of excellence in patient care and customer service across the organization
- To support and provide oversight of the financial management framework that supports the decision-making capabilities of the FHT and makes use of the appropriate financial systems to ensure the FHT continuously operates within its approved business plan and allocated funds
- To support and inspire the team to develop and plan programs the FHT can deliver in alignment with the needs of our patients and the broader community
- To position MFHT to be responsive to the changing health care environment and the needs of the population
- To act as the Privacy Officer and ensure adherence to PHIPA and FIPPA regulations
- To actively participate with health care planning processes occurring at the sub-regional and regional LHIN levels
- Master’s in Health Administration or equivalent in a related discipline or Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years relevant management experience preferably in a health care environment is strongly preferred
- Regulated health professional in good standing with relevant college is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in senior management and reporting to a Board of Directors is preferred
- Strong business acumen and excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead inter-professional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving ability
- Superior leadership, organization, evaluation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in using current, evidence-based methods and practices
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of financial management, budgeting and ongoing financial monitoring
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care including the ability to share information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Excellent human resources knowledge and management skills
- Able to maintain the environment to health and safety legislated standards for primary care
Markham Family Health Team offers a competitive compensation package in alignment with Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care rules for this position. The compensation package includes enrollment with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume in confidence by December 31st, 2021.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Contact e-mail for job posting