20 Emma Street, Suite 109
Chatham ON N7L 5K5
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CHATHAM-KENT FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team (CKFHT) is a collaborative team of professionals including Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Educators, Dietitians, Pharmacist, Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, Chiropodist, a Health Promoter, Certified Respiratory Educator and Diabetes Education Team. The CKFHT is located on five sites across the municipality of Chatham-Kent – Chatham, Dresden, Ridgetown, Wallaceburg and Blenheim. The CKFHT currently has approximately 30,000 rostered patients and growing.
The Chatham-Kent Family Health Team is a health care organization “committed to working in partnership with individuals, families and community groups to optimize the health and well-being of our residents and communities within the municipality of Chatham-Kent”.
Through strong partnerships with other service providers in our community, they work to ensure that our programs and services are effective, accessible, and meet the needs of our broader community.
The Chatham-Kent FHT is searching for an Executive Director who will provide leadership, guidance and support to our Family Health Team. The ideal candidate will be:
- A strategic leader who seeks out opportunities and innovations to advance services for our community, leverage partnerships, improve the quality of care and services.
- A leader with strong operational skills, particularly with regard to human resources, finance, risk management, quality and governance.
- A collaborative leader committed to coaching, mentoring and empowering people, fostering individual and organizational learning and a positive workplace culture
- Able to demonstrate superior leadership, organization, evaluation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in establishing relationships with community partners, clinical partners, funders and policy makers
- A strong communicator and listener with good written communication skills and the ability to share information accurately
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritize competing matters and complete tasks on time
- Knowledgeable and proficient in current evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
The Executive Director is responsible for the management of all human, physical and financial resources of the organization. The Executive Director will ensure the provision of high-quality patient-centred primary care for patients while maintaining budgetary considerations and ensuring the organization is compliant with all legislative requirements. The Executive Director supports clinical programs through actively developing team based, patient-centred practices that meet professional and best practice standards of care. You will inspire and motivate others to succeed and help to build competent and empowered staff teams. You will demonstrate a commitment to diversity and create a culture of learning and personal growth. You will ensure clear and fair human resource policies, develop and monitor quality programs, implement sound financial management practices, and establish effective management information systems.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for advising them on all matters of policy and risk, quality improvement, program and personnel evaluation and human resources. The Executive Director acts as a liaison with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and with other health care organizations and community groups. Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, you will collaborate with the affiliated Family Health Organization, the entire FHT staff and other key stakeholders to execute our strategic plan, cultivate shared goals, build community and advocate for the advancement of primary health care in Chatham-Kent. Your ability to collaborate and establish strong and supportive relationships with the Board of Directors and the Physician group (FHO) will be important to allow the Chatham-Kent Family Health Team to grow and continue to provide excellent care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in business administration, healthcare management, non-profit leadership or related field of study
- At least 5 years relevant management experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of senior management and board reporting relationship
- Possess the skills necessary to manage a multi-site organization
- Demonstrated experience in community relations
- Demonstrated ability to lead inter-professional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated sound judgment, creative thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Possess organization, communication and leadership abilities
- Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements including health and safety and employment legislation
- Proficiency in computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems and in particular the Accuro EMR system would be a plus.
- Current Ontario Drivers' License and access to a vehicle
- Basic comprehension of the principles of the Ontario Health Team and the vision of the MOHLTC would be a benefit
If a selected applicant requests any accommodation, they will consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
The CKFHT thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants must email their cover letter and resume to the attention of email@example.com