35 Bridge Street, Suite 1
Picton ON K0K 2T0
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking an EMR/IT Coordinator to join their progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT provides access to health care services for Prince Edward County residents. Their interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive, patient-centred primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
This position will appeal to an individual with a background or training in IT and software support who is ready to apply their knowledge and experience in a healthcare environment, or to someone who has worked in a healthcare admin role and has a high degree of skill and affinity for computer applications.
The EMR/IT Coordinator provides computer support and training to physicians, staff, residents, students and eligible 3rd party providers of the PEFHT, and ensures the functionality of hardware, software and data. Activities include:
- Training new staff, physicians, residents and students to use PEFHT’s web-based electronic medical records (EMR) solution, Accuro;
- Training and promoting ongoing awareness of privacy processes and procedures;
- Providing ongoing support, assistance and training to EMR users by phone, email and by in-person office visits to team members;
- Creating and presenting EMR-related job-aids, manuals and workshops;
- Actively participating on the Quality Improvement (QI) Committee as a key contributing member; promoting QI data collection awareness among staff and physicians to support PEFHT's QI efforts;
- Creating, editing, managing EMR forms and templates;
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, tracking and troubleshooting computers, monitors, printers, peripherals, software and internet connectivity across the PEFHT geographical environment; arranging for repair as required and decommissioning out-dated hardware;
- Recommending and maintaining security measures to safeguard PEFHT computer assets and data, including protection from online threats and implementation of backup strategies;
- Liaising with Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) to schedule OTN appointments and learning events.
- Demonstrated skill and experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software and connectivity issues.
- Current knowledge in Microsoft Windows and desktop software as well as web-based applications.
- Experience using or supporting electronic medical records, particularly Accuro, is an asset.
- Understanding of, and experience maintaining computer privacy and security measures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Access to a reliable vehicle to facilitate visits to PEFHT offices in Picton and Wellington.
This position is 0.8 Full-Time Equivalency (4 days per week).
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.
For more information about the PEFHT team, please see theirwebsite at www.pefht.ca.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.