2695 North Sheridan Way
Mississauga ON L5K 2N6
Clinical Psychologist - Regional Clinical and Training Lead, Ontario Structured Psychotherapy
Employment: Part-time or Full-time permanent
Schedule: Days. Some evenings and weekends may be required on occasion.
Location: CarePoint Health – 2695 North Sheridan Way, Suite 120, Mississauga, ON (with work from home options)
Application deadline: Posted until filled.
Preferred start date: mid-July
Who we are?
CarePoint Health (CPH) is an innovative team of physicians and healthcare professionals that aims to improve the health and wellness of the Mississauga communities.
CPH’s mission is to improve health outcomes for our community through partnerships and a culture of innovation. Our goals are to increase patient satisfaction, improve provider work life, improve population health, and reduce health care costs.
CPH has recently been named as a Network Lead Organization for the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program (OSP). OSP provides access to publicly funded, evidence-based, short-term, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and related approaches to clients with depression, anxiety, and anxiety-related conditions. The program is delivered through a “hub and spoke” model; the hub provides shared administrative services and clinical quality oversight of the network, and community-based delivery sites such as community mental health agencies and primary care practices deliver the majority of client services.
What is this role?
CarePoint Health is seeking a seasoned psychologist to provide clinical leadership and oversight of the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program in Mississauga, Halton, Brampton and Bramalea. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the clinical implementation of a new mental health program in the region.
- Overseeing the quality and fidelity of assessment, treatment, and clinical consultation across the OSP network
- Ensuring that regional care is aligned with provincial program direction.
- Representing CarePoint Health in provincial clinical and training committees.
- Understanding clinical needs of diverse communities in the region and supporting the clinical team comprising clinical consultants and clinicians to meet these needs.
- Coaching OSP clinical consultants and clinicians on anti-racist and anti-oppressive clinical practice.
- Serving as a consultant to the network’s clinical consultants
- Ensuring that clinicians with the network are completing training requirements.
- The position requires a senior clinician who has extensive clinical experience and supervisory experience with CBT and, ideally, maintains a level of clinical practice or supervision. The preferred candidate will also have experience in service delivery rooted in client-centered care and anti-racist practice.
- Doctoral-level, Clinical Psychologist, registered in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario or eligible for registration.
- Certified with the Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies (CACBT) or committed to achieving this certification within a reasonable period upon hiring. Minimum 5 years previous experience in the delivery of evidence-based CBT with documentation showing that they received formal CBT training and appropriate supervision. Prior experience in providing clinical leadership and consultation (or supervision) is preferred. Experience adapting clinical practice for specific populations such as racialized communities, low-income and LGBTQS+ and working with an anti-racist and anti-oppressive clinical practice. Expert knowledge of CBT and its application in depression and anxiety disorders, OCD, PTSD, and illness anxiety. Additional training in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and its application in PTSD is preferred. Verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with provincial clinical leaders, regional clinicians, consultants and partners, and program managers and directors.
Why CarePoint Health?
- Excellent benefits package and pension plan (HOOPP).
- Leadership role in the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy program working with the provincial clinical lead, Dr. Martin Antony and in collaboration with Waypoint Centre for Mental Health, in addition to clinical and training leads across the province.
- Ability to negotiate FTE (0.6-1.0) upon hire (allows for flexibility to take on additional opportunities such as private practice or research).
- Flexible option to work from home around patient needs.
- Flexibility to set schedule within CPH’s hours of operations (8am-7pm).
- Professional development days and allowance to support ongoing learning.
- Innovative, collaborative, and supportive team environment.
- Work culture that promotes work-life balance and life-long learning.
- A community of mental health professionals (psychologists and social workers) and other allied health professionals on site.
- Opportunities for collaboration and leadership in innovative projects.
- Support for professional resources that might be needed.
- Located in Mississauga just off the QEW at Winston Churchill and a 30-minute drive to Toronto.
At CPH they are developing and implementing a new model of primary care for the future. Being part of CPH means that you will have the opportunity to contribute to building a patient centered, partnership based and innovative model of care.
Salary: $130,000-140,000 (pro-rated to FTE)
Are you ready to join an extraordinary team and do the best work of your life?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application through Indeed.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPH is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $130,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
Andria Matthew, Human Resources