107-6420 Beatty Line North
Fergus ON N1M 2W3
The Upper Grand Family Health Team (UGFHT) offers the opportunity to join an innovative, community-based primary health care team serving the Arthur, Fergus, and Elora areas. We are looking for a talented team player to join us as we continue to provide a model of excellence in rural primary health care.
The Pharmacist is a vital part of the UGFHT who collaborates with our physicians and other interdisciplinary providers to achieve the mission and vision of the organization. The Pharmacist will help the UGFHT to meet its strategic objectives by participating in chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention programs.
The Pharmacist provides leadership, expertise and recommendations to physicians, nurse practitioners, allied health, and patients/families that will focus on optimal prescribing patterns and safe medication practices. The selected candidate will complete primary care assessments designed to identify the factors that may be contributing to the individual’s medication management, adherence and efficacy barriers, and provide medication treatment plans designed to best manage the individuals’ conditions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and registration in Part A of the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Additional training or credentialing in pharmacotherapy (e.g. Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Certified Asthma educator, etc.) is considered an asset
- Proficiency in the use of electronic communications systems including e-mail and Electronic Medical Records or EMRs (experience with Telus PS Suite is considered an asset)
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience in a primary health care (family medicine) or community health care setting preferred
- Ability to function as a team player working collaboratively with other FHT staff and community partners
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Experience in Quality Improvement is considered an asset
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ License and access to own reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of client-centered philosophy, change management, basic principles and practices of community service delivery, short-term treatment options and chronic disease management models
- A demonstrated experience facilitating one on one and group education sessions and activities using motivational interviewing
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk
- Strong interest and experience in program development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management programs
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Determine the need for, and the implementation of health promotion and prevention strategies for families and individuals
- Maintain professional competence and remain current (e.g. evidenced-based care) through ongoing participation in professional development, FHT research projects, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, program development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management programs
- Ability to keep confidential all information regarding patients, health care providers, employees, business operations and clinic/team functioning
- Professionalism displayed through mannerisms, attire and response to stressful situations
- Organizational ability to prioritize a wide range of job activities with accuracy and speed
- Communication skills which reflect the ability to work well in a team environment while maintaining respect and attentiveness to patients and fellow team members
- Interpersonal skills to listen effectively and to train and help develop patients, new employees and students
- Problem solving skills to identify and effectively solve problems and to help patients and team members solve problems
- Time management abilities to effectively set priorities and complete tasks within agreed upon timeframes
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by October 22, 2021 to:
Cohl Johnston, HR Manager
Upper Grand Family Health Team
Trailside Medical 107-6420 Beatty Line N, Fergus ON N1M 2W3
Fax: (519) 843-7386
The Upper Grand Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the selection process. Please direct questions and/or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.