101 Queensway West
Mississauga ON L5B 2P7
The Clinical Pharmacist will work with an inter-disciplinary team to provide pharmaceutical care to Summerville Family Health Team (SFHT) patients by optimizing drug therapy. The Pharmacist will also contribute and participate in SFHT patient programs and serve as a resource to the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide medication reviews to identify and resolve drug therapy problems as part of the interdisciplinary team;
- Act as a resource to patients and the interdisciplinary team by providing unbiased, evidence-based drug information when required;
- Plan and develop strategies, projects and programs to address the needs of Summerville’s diverse patient population, with a particular focus on prevention and management of chronic disease.
- Create patient-centred care plans collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team and the patients; monitor patient progress and adjust care plans accordingly; Practice within a pharmacist’s legal scope of practice, including prescribing smoking cessation aids, dose adjustments and prescription renewals;
- Facilitating and participating in the delivery of SFHT programs (eg: STOP, Mental Health, Diabetes, Memory Clinic, etc);
- Collaborate with other interdisciplinary health professionals, family physicians and the Quality Improvement Support Specialist within the Family Health Team, as well as external partners where appropriate, to develop and implement Quality Improvement initiatives, and
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Pharmacy, a Pharm D is preferred;
- Must possess a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a primary care or similar practice setting;
- Licensed and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A);
- Additional training or credentials (eg: Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Respiratory Educator, etc.) preferred;
- Able to partner and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation skills;
- Good critical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EMR (e.g. Accuro);
- Able to work flexible hours in order to meet patient and physician needs which may include evenings.
Summerville Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. They are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While the Summerville FHT thanks all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities Act (AODA), Summerville Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview request.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org