379 Church Street, #202
Markham ON L6B 0T1
The Health for All Family Health Team and The Markham Family Medicine Teaching Unit (of the University of Toronto) Clinical Pharmacist works with an inter-professional team to provide pharmaceutical care by optimizing medication therapy. The Pharmacist also participates in clinic-wide programs and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Smoking Cessation (Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation and CAMH STOP study program) and 7-days Post-Discharge Program
- Participate as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of clinic programs including but not limited to Complex Care, Diabetes, and Choosing Wisely
- Perform medication reviews to identify and resolve drug therapy problems by working collaboratively with prescribers and patients
- Deliver smoking cessation counseling and prescribe smoking cessation aids
- Initiate insulin and adjust insulin doses according to patient factors and/or by utilizing insulin:carb ratios and correction factors
- Educate medical trainees (residents and medical students) on drug related information as well relevant clinical programs at HFAFHT.
- Provide unbiased, accurate, and reliable drug information to health care providers in the provision of quality, evidence-based care to patients
- Educate health care providers on drug-related information, including guideline updates or therapeutic topics of choice, in email and/or presentation format
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of new programs and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in a primary care setting
- Part A license and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- CAMH TEACH Certificate Program or equivalent and CMAH STOP study training
- Additional training or credentials in pharmacotherapy is an asset (e.g., Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Certified Respiratory Educator, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Strong clinical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
The current salary top of scale is $96,210 plus benefits including RSP contribution.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter and resume in one document. Include title of position in the subject heading.