65 Dundas Street E
Paris ON N3L 3H1
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Lead
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, 37.5 Hours per week
LOCATION: Paris, ON (main office) with travel to other communities as needed
The Clinical Lead reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Lead Physician to provide leadership in practice standards and programming for our interdisciplinary clinicians. As a member of the leadership team, this role ensures team-based and patient-centred care practices occur across all sites, and in the community as appropriate. This role provides a clinical and advocacy lens for our professional staff, liaises with our physician partners, and engages with community partners in supporting integration initiatives. A continuous quality improvement focus using outcomes data and collaborative approaches is the key focus of this role.
The Clinical Lead is responsible for supporting quality improvement planning, decision making and implementation activities. This includes reviewing data quality, supporting teams in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improving the flow of information, and process improvement to support physicians and staff, as well as teams and committees in achieving their quality improvement goals.
This position will have 0.4FTE direct patient care in Health Promotion, Education, Nursing, etc. based on qualifications.
- Lead and support the development a broad range of health promotion and chronic disease management processes, programs, and patient education (group and individual) sessions in collaboration with other multidisciplinary team members and physicians.
- Collaborate with the Quality Improvement Committee, Executive Director and Lead Physician in the development of action plans that will improve the patient care experience.
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding the collection, interpretation, analysis, and presentation of data to help teams ensure that clinical information management practices support best practice standards.
- Support management decision making by developing, generating, analyzing, and interpreting extracted health information.
- Manage data quality, business process improvement, data extraction, report development and other projects using effective project management practices.
- Act as a change agent and coach to inter-disciplinary teams on data management and performance measurement.
- Monitor and evaluate clinical information systems functionality from a user and decision support perspective.
- Monitor compliance with program outcome measure targets and develop program strategies to improve the quality of care.
- Provide leadership to IHPs with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of FHT programs and services.
- Develop data feedback reports and data checking routines.
- Participate on committees and regular provincial QIDSS activities.
- Liaise and engage with community partners to support service and program initiatives.
- University degree in related discipline.
- Regulated health professional with 10 years clinical experience with a system level focus on access to primary care, driving clinical improvement, chronic disease prevention and management, and serving individuals with complex needs.
- Experience with introducing and influencing change with internal and external stakeholders, including quality improvement practices, and in developing and delivering clinical programs.
- Understands and advocates for multi-disciplinary clinical roles to ensure scope of practice and clinical processes are maintained while PCCFHT and system primary care objectives are supported.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within a patient and family centred philosophy of care.
- An experienced collaborator and project manager.
- A skilled communicator, with the interpersonal talent to drive collaboration with health professionals and community agencies.
- An approachable style; able to be assertive while working in a team based, collaborative context; proven record of achieving goals.
- Familiarity with using aggregate data to support planning and decision making.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 5th, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. While they thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.