186 Erie Street
Collingwood ON L9Y 4T3
From skiing and snow shoeing to harbour festivals and water sports, Collingwood and its surrounding area is one of the best kept secrets in south Georgian bay! The Georgian Bay Family Health Team (GBFHT) is in this beautiful four seasons, town of Collingwood, where they ALMOST have it all…
They are seeking a Certified Diabetes Educator to join their team who shares their passion for patient education and chronic disease management.
You would join their team of 2 RN’s and 3 RD’s, who together ensure that patients of the 50 area physicians receive optimum diabetes care. In concert they provide group, and one on one education for adults with Type 1, Type 2, pre diabetes and diabetes in pregnancy, to promote patient self-management toward achieving optimal blood glucose control, and avoidance of complications associated with diabetes.
The Georgian Bay Family Health Team provides a host of primary care services including; Mental Health counseling, HTN management, COPD management, Smoking Cessation services, Occupational Therapy, Health Promotion and activity programs, Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN), and Nutritional counseling.
They are a dynamic team working in a professional environment where they use an up-to-date electronic medical records system (EMR) and have the opportunity for ongoing training and professional development.
This role will require:
- Demonstrated commitment and practical application of the Canadian Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines 2018.
- Independent practice in diabetes management and the ability to provide specialized assessment
- and recommendations for diabetes management to referring GP’s and NP’s.
- Canadian Diabetes Education (CDE) Certification
- Current registration with Ontario College of Dietitians or;
- Current registration with College of Nurses (Canada, CNO)
- A background working in a community and/or primary care setting required.
- Insight and proficiency in chronic disease management and prevention required.
- Experience working with T1, insulin pumps, and gestational diabetes preferable.
- Skilled in facilitating groups, team skills and effective communication.
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
- Positive outlook and a willingness to “pitch in”
- Computer literate, and Mac experience helpful.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter highlight your experience, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.