1-6 Thompson Crescent
Erin ON N0B 1T0
East Wellington Family Health Team (EWFHT) offers the opportunity to join an innovative, community based, primary health care team serving the Erin and Rockwood area. We are looking for an outstanding team player to join us as we uphold a model of excellence in rural primary health care.
The EWFHT is offering a casual position for a Certified Diabetes Educator (Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian), who is competent in his/her chosen profession; patient focused; a team player; effective communicator; and is experienced in providing teaching and counselling services to patients and community members with diabetes, prediabetes and those at risk of diabetes. The role includes direct patient care with individuals and in groups within a primary care/FHT environment. All elements of program delivery and evaluation are done in cooperation with other diabetes team members (CDEs).
As this is a casual position, there will be no specific or minimum number of hours of work guaranteed. The period of time to be covered will start as soon as possible and be up to 40 hours per week and last up to 3 months in duration with possible extension to be negotiated as organizational needs are confirmed. This position will cover an emergency leave of an existing staff member with return date unknown so flexibility is required. Applicant requests for flexible scheduling will be considered.
Services are provided virtually and in person.
- Certified Diabetes Educator designation (CDE)
- Registration with appropriate regulatory body: RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario or RD in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Bachelor’s degree in respective field required
- Experience and demonstrated ability to apply current Diabetes Clinical Practice Guidelines and provide evidenced based diabetes management
- Demonstrated experience with insulin management
- Excellent computer skills and experience using an EMR, ideally Practice Solutions
- Highly skilled in providing patient-centered individual and group education, utilizing adult education principles including motivational interviewing
- Experience working within a primary care setting considered an asset
- Excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to establish positive and supportive relationships with patients, families and other health professionals
- Will work closely and partner with physicians and EWFHT Allied Health Professionals
- Will work closely and partner with other diabetes team members (CDEs).
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle required; in-person work in both Erin and Rockwood clinics required
- Proof of full immunization against Covid-19 is required in order to be employed with the East Wellington FHT.
- Provide individual diabetes education and management
- Facilitate group education classes
- Participate in team meetings and program initiatives
- Perform administrative tasks as required
How to Apply
If your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
East Wellington Family Health Team is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.