35 Bridge Street, Suite 1
Picton ON K0K 2T0
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Business & Finance Manager to join their progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
The PEFHT is a not-for-profit, Ministry-funded primary healthcare organization that provides access to health care services for Prince Edward County residents. Their interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive, patient-centred primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
Live and work in Prince Edward County; well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the PEFHT Board of Directors and management team, the Business & Finance Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the PEFHT’s financial and risk management systems, and participates in major decisions of the PEFHT, from Board level to day-to-day administration. Activities include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring PEFHT financial systems;
- Preparing funder-compliant budgets;
- Coordinating the annual audit process;
- Preparing financial reports and maintaining financial records;
- Modeling the impact of theoretical scenarios to understand changing landscape of funding parameters;
- Managing PEFHT’s risk profile through PEFHT’s Risk Management Framework;
- Assisting with the design of competitive compensation packages that are in compliance with funder requirements, legislation and human rights;
- Processing payroll & benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable;
- Preparing and negotiating leases and insurance coverage;
- Managing corporate records, vendor and supplier contracts, MOUs and other legal agreements;
- Managing PEFHT’s financial and capital assets;
- Potential to act as a backup to PEFHT’s Privacy Officer.
- Undergraduate degree from a relevant discipline, and/or a professional accounting designation, e.g. CMA, CGA, CA.
- 3 to 5 years progressive financial management experience in a non-profit organization; preferably in a health setting.
- Expert budgeting and forecasting abilities, superior analytical skills.
- Expert level proficiency with QuickBooks, MS Excel, and/or other financial management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of corporate, not-for-profit, Ministry of Health, and related legislation and requirements.
- Understanding of government funding mechanisms and structures.
- Property management experience an asset.
This position is currently full-time, 1.0 FTE, until March 31 2020 at which time a decrease to 0.8 FTE (4 days per week) is likely.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.
For more information about the PEFHT team, please see their website at www.pefht.ca.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.