101 Queensway West, 5th Floor
Mississauga ON L5B 2P7
Position Overview: A Social Worker assists patients by providing solution-focused counseling to individuals and groups while also providing help in navigating community resources. Additionally a social worker is responsible for the development, management and implementation of programs and partnerships that provide support and treatment to Summerville patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to provide patient and family history, determine patients and families coping abilities and support network, identify needs and concerns, integrating physical and environmental factors;
- Develop short-term therapeutic relationships with patients and families to foster coping and adaptation of health promoting strategies or chronic conditions in order to help maintain or improve quality of life;
- Facilitate patients and families achieving quality care and self-determination by integrating their perspective into a multi-disciplinary plan of care;
- Provide a range of therapeutic interventions including individual, couple, family and group counseling and psychotherapy on a short-term basis;
- Provide assistance in linking patients with community resources;
- Develop, manage and implement psycho-educational programs alone or in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team related to the prevention of mental health problems;
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation where applicable, pertaining to patient history and encounter data;
- Complete necessary FHT program documentation;
- Communicate ideas and concerns to the health care team and partner in problem solving to enhance patient care;
- Co-facilitate educational sessions held by other FHT multi-disciplinary team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Social Work degree from a post-secondary institution;
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in a health care environment;
- Registered member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Experience with CBT and other related methodologies, group counselling, teaching coping skills, Craving Change, Memory Clinic and chronic pain management would be considered an asset.
- Able to partner and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation skills;
- Good critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EMR (e.g. Accuro);
- Able to work flexible hours in order to meet patient and physician needs which may include evenings.
Summerville Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. They are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community. While they thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Summerville Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org